The key responsibilities for the role of Account Manager are:
- To manage and optimise assigned accounts to fulfil the needs of the customer.
- Implement and advise on affiliate marketing concepts to optimise assigned accounts.
- Manage affiliate relationships necessary for the successfully management of assigned programs.
- Take a pro-active approach in solving issues with assigned clients, escalating issues to the appropriate team level when necessary.
- Work with Support Team to integrate programs successfully.
- Train merchants in the operation of affiliate programs in preparation for launch support handovers.
- Work independently to produce all necessary account management documentation and reporting.
- Produce regular and bespoke reports on assigned programs.
- Provide support to senior team members in the management of larger brand clients when necessary.
- Attend appropriate client and networking events to enhance client relationship development.
In-depth understanding of the affiliate marketing is a must and would include but is not limited to:
- Understanding of what makes a good/bad merchant program and how a merchant affiliate campaign can be improved.
- Understanding of key program stats and why these are important for a merchant’s affiliate program.
- Sufficient knowledge to provide useful advice to merchants on how their programs can be improved.
- Ability to analyse websites and determine whether they are affiliate marketing friendly..
- Willingness to provide back-up support to senior members of the team.
- Understanding of how to match an affiliate marketing strategy to a merchant or sector.
- Understanding of different affiliate types and how they operate
- An understanding of why different affiliates may be suitable/unsuitable for particular merchant programmes or sectors
- To understand and respond to queries regarding potentially fraudulent affiliates.
- An understanding of how Affiliate Marketing fits within the context of the wider online marketing mix.
- An understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of the CPA/CPL model compared to other models such as CPC or CPM.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this role:
- Will have a proven track record of successful client and team relationship building, including strong networking skills.
- Experience presenting commercial content to internal and external groups.
- Excellent computer literacy including advanced proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Possess strong and professional communication (both verbal and written) and an ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with managers and employees, along with working with external suppliers.
- An approachable and unflappable manner, and ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to self-motivate and work to optimise assigned accounts without day-to-day guidance.
- Has a love for dogs, thats right. You heard that right.
- Has a love of project management as we are a multi faceted company and we all work on each others projects.
What’s on Offer
For the candidate the following is on offer:
- A competitive salary dependent on experience.
- Up to 28 Days Annual Leave (not including bank holidays)
- Excellent corporate benefits including Travel Insurance, Life Assurance, subsidised gym membership,
- A fun working environment – Work from home days, early finish Fridays.